Sunday, January 29, 2012

Back in the Classroom

     Its been awhile so I thought that I'd better write a new post and tell whats been going on in my classroom. Since before Christmas break I had been telling my students that if they behave I will let them use the Mac Books that are stored for the upper elementary students. About a week after getting back I decided that it was time. They were so excited. After going over some rules about how to care for this new piece of technology they were about to use I handed them out to each student.

 The students got right to work. They are working on state projects. They each had to pick a state and find out several facts about that state. Stay tuned to find out how it turns out.
After I took this shot I decided I could get their faces too.
The students were happy to help each other. Some had more experience working with Mac Books so they lent a hand when they could.

     So far the students are doing a great job working with the computers. I am proud of how careful they are with them. They are also doing a good job with their research. Most have been able to find out a lot about the state they picked. I am looking for another project that they can use the laptops, so that they can stay excited about using the technology that we have available.

2 comments:

  1. That's great! What an amazing thing to be able to offer your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember in 5th grade being excited to play Oregon Trail in the sketchy back room behind our class. "Jonathan" (aptly named after my favorite New Kid On The Block) was always dying of typhoid fever or snake bite. Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete