Friday, January 6, 2012

My Redneck Roots

     On Saturday I went shooting with my dad and brother at the English Pit shooting range. This is the second time that we have gone shooting there. Ever since I moved to Alaska I have become more interested in guns and shooting. My dad supplied the guns he brought a nine millimeter, .22 single shot hand gun, a .22 single shot rifle and a .22 semi automatic rifle. We took turns shooting the different guns. My dad is the best shot, followed by Samuel and then me.



My Dad's new ammunition case
The target on the left was ours
My dad shooting the nine millimeter
Me shooting the nine
Catching the bullet coming out of the gun
Samuel shooting the nine (he saw me shoot it one handed so he shot it one handed)
 My Dad shooting the single shot .22
 Samuel loading the semi automatic .22
Shooting the semi automatic
     We had a good time shooting this time, we were at the range for about three hours. We discovered a few problems with the semi automatic .22 it needs a new ejector spring and firing pin because it misfires and jams while ejecting the spent shell. I am excited to come back to Vancouver in a few months to shoot again. 


2 comments:

  1. It's cool you can do man stuff together. It looks like fun if you're into that sort of honky thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least dad isn't wearing his "Git r' done" hat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI9ImScQGAo&feature=related

    ReplyDelete