Thursday, January 5, 2012

Leaving so Soon?

     We were supposed to leave Thursday 12/23/2011 from Marshall on a charter flight to Bethel. However the charter company called and canceled due to weather. Lucky for me I put my name on manifest for the evening Era flight. The rest of the teachers were able to get on that flight too. We all went out to the airport to wait for the plane to come in. It landed but never taxied off the runway. Upon further inspection we found that a tire on the airplane had blown. Needless to say we did not get on that flight, we also did not get on the next flight they sent either because the plane with a flat tire was in the middle of the runway so the plane in the air wouldn't land. Since the plane with a flat tire was in the middle of the runway the pilot asked us if we could tow it out of the way so that the mechanics plane could land. We were hoping to get a ride to Bethel after they fixed the tire, however Era isn't allowed to fly passengers after 9:30 PM.

 Uh oh a flat and no AAA
 Me and the flat
 Hooking up the plane to the van
 Towing the plane out of the way
 Rear view of the plane being towed
Front view of the broken plane

     All of us teachers were able to get on the morning flight out of Marshall to Bethel. Once I arrived in Bethel I had to haggle with the Era agent to get me on the next flight to Anchorage, unfortunately all she could do was get me on stand by. Luckily I was able to get on that flight to Anchorage. Once in Anchorage I was able to get a new flight to Portland. I only lost one day. Shelly was waiting at the airport at 10:30 Friday night to pick me up. I was overjoyed to see her.

1 comment:

  1. I was overjoyed to see you, too. So happy that we never have to be apart again!!!

    ReplyDelete