Friday, December 2, 2011

Moving Day (Vancouver)

     While in Vancouver over the Thanksgiving Holiday Shelly and I had two major objectives. The first was to move her and the boys into my parents house for the remainder of their time in Vancouver. The other was to ship a whole lot of boxes to Marshall. With the help of family and friends we were able to make that happen. I have to say that without them the task of moving and shipping would have been much more difficult.

Here is my list of THANK YOUS

First Shelly thank you for being the wonderful wife and mother that you are. Thank you for being strong while I am away. Thank you for taking care of most of the moving related issues (storage unit, packing boxes and endless phone calls to change our address and phone numbers) I love you so much and I am so proud of us for taking this leap of faith.

Mom and Dad thank you for flying me home for Thanksgiving. Allowing me to help Shelly with the huge task of moving. Mom thank you for watching the boys so that Shelly could get things ready for our move. Dad thank you for letting us borrow your truck all the time. Both of you thank you for allowing us to take over your house for a couple of months. I hope that the boys haven't driven you crazy yet.

Julie thank you for watching the boys whenever Shelly needed it. You have been so willing to take them at a drop of a hat. I know that it has been so nice for Shelly to get a minute to catch her breath, before she dove into whatever task she was going to get done without two three year old boys helping.

Marilynn and Barry thank you for being there for Shelly for anything be it watching the boys, buying them clothes, or just a shoulder to cry on. Thank you for helping with the move. Barry thank you for they heavy lifting and Marilynn for watching the boys. These past few months have been stressful for Shelly and I, and you have been great for both us.

Samuel thank you for all of your help with the move. Your brute strength always amazes me. Thank you for being so sweet with my boys. Seeing them wrestle with you and play with you makes me so happy.

To everyone else Laura, Andrea, Christine, Lisa, Roxanne, Thom and anyone else who has helped my family thank you. I know that this is an unusual situation that I have put you all in. Thank you for all for your help, support, love and prayers during this crazy time in my life. Hopefully in a few weeks we will all be moved up to Marshall and we will be able to develop a "normal" way of life. THANK YOU!

 One of the boys last meals at the old house
 The mess before we moved
 Samuel taking down the TV mount
 It's empty!
 Clean and empty
 Bye bye old bedroom
The boys empty bedroom

     Shelly was saying that she was going to miss the old place. When she first said that I thought that she was crazy. Now looking back at the pictures, I am feeling a little nostalgic. This is where we brought home all of our babies. Where Shelly and I lived the longest over five years. I don't think I will miss the home itself, but I will miss the memories. We had a lot of good times in that old place. 

One more time thank you for all the wonderful people in my life who are willing to help take care of me and my family.  

3 comments:

  1. I will miss the old place just for the memories it held, but I am super excited for all the new memories we will make in our new house in Marshall. I am so grateful as well, for the love & support from our family & friends. We are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome I've been happy to help! I remember the day Shelly called to say you got a job, I was so happy for you (all of you!) I cried a little! I had no IDEA what all it would entail... maybe you guys didn't either... but it's all falling into place and I'm glad I kinda get to tag along for the ride and hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome! I know I haven't been a cheerleader about this move, but I trust you and Shelly to take care of each other and those darling boys! It's only because I love you all so much that I want you here. I am excited for you and in awe of this new adventure. I am proud of you for wanting so badly to provide for your family, and have the career you worked so hard for. I will continue to support you all in any way I can.

    ReplyDelete