Sunday, December 11, 2011

The New Digs

     Well its about as done as I can get it without Shelly here. The house still needs a few things to be complete. One thing is blinds in the windows. I'm not sure why the district did not have these to put in, but they didn't so we are waiting for those (so don't mind the towels over most the windows). Another problem is that our front door doesn't fit correctly with the frame so there is a pretty sizable gap between the front door and the jam. This causes snow and water to come into the arctic entry and make a mess. This too is supposed to be fixed soon, however the contractor, supplier and district are all pointing fingers to whose problem this is so it could be a while before that is fixed. Who would of thought that you need to have doors that fit in Alaska. It only gets well below zero with daily winds of 10-20 mph not to mention it SNOWS. Other than those couple of things the house is really nice. I'm going to stop talking now because I know most of you just want to see pictures.

 The front of the house (Flora's dish to the right)
 Arctic entry
The living room looking from the dining room
The door on the far right goes outside, moving left the next door is the downstairs bedroom and the door to the left of the TV goes to the bathroom
 The kitchen
 Not a lot of counter space, but I think it will be okay
 Dining room the door on the left is to the pantry
 The laundry room/storage. With Joe's help we were able to move the washer/dryer in
The downstairs bathroom
The downstairs bedroom/playroom full of boxes for when Shelly gets here
 Lots of boxes
 Bedroom closet
 Leading upstairs
Logan and Jack's room
 More of the boy's room
 The closet in the boy's room
The upstairs bathroom
Hallway closet
 Shelly and my bedroom
 It's a pretty good size room
It even has a bookshelf, perfect for Shelly

     I forgot one more thing that will make this place complete. Its missing Shelly, Logan, Jack and Wyatt. Once they get here It will feel like a home. When I talk with Shelly on the phone she can hear my voice echoing. I am excited for Shelly to decorate and make it feel a little more cozy here. I am also excited for the boys to finally see the "Alaska House."

3 comments:

  1. Jack looked at these with me. He's excited about the toilet, the fridge & the washer. So funny! We are all really anxious to get up there and be "together as a family." Jack says "I love you". I say, "Bring on Alaska, baby!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the furniture looks nice! I like that you already have a few pictures up. :) I bet it's feeling empty being there by yourself, soon you'll have little feet pitter pattering about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your house. It look great! :)

    ReplyDelete