Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Current Teacher Housing

     New teacher housing is being built, but until then I am staying in the old teacher housing. I am sharing my house with another teacher named Brian, he teaches Social Studies and is a cool guy. We have similar likes and dislikes. From the picture below you can see that he is a Seahawks fan, he is also an avid Oregon Ducks fan so he would get along with my sisters son Alvin.

My roommate Brain
My very BLUE house
No, that is not where they put the cows and horses when it gets cold, that's my house
Instructional Leaders Duplex, his house on one side and the third grade teacher (he has twins too!)
Houses around mine
Houses in the other direction
The mud room
The living/dining room
Kitchen
Laundry room
Stairs that lead to the two bedrooms upstairs. As you can see we have the dining room table all set up.
My room (notice Shelly my bed is made)
My closet, most of the stuff on top was left from the previous teacher
My tiny dresser
Last but not least my broken window. Don't worry they put up a piece of plexiglass to keep the cold out.

     I had my first work meeting today. We all introduced ourselves. It was interesting because the morning meeting included everyone. It was very neat because the school doesn't run on teachers alone it takes custodians, a secretary, cooks, maintenance, all number of classified assistants, teachers and a principal. I think it will make for a very cohesive group, no person or job is more important than the other. I am so excited to be here.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Your house is certainly VERY blue! I love that you made your bed, and all your clothes were hung up- so nice! I am concerned about your broken window... Are you going to freeze? The views are just gorgeous from every angle. I am happy for you. So happy for you. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshy, I'm so happy to see more pictures. It's so cool how excited you are. I can't wait for Shelly and the boys to be there with you! (Minus my sadness for having them gone of course.) Plexiglass window. It's a mystery why heating costs were so astronomical ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post, I've been curious about where you're staying. I like the equality among the staff at your school, that's nice. How long until school starts?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos. I am concerned about the broken window. Hope yjwy will replace the broken window soon. Keep the photos coming. I check your blog everyday. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW Taylor like your roommate already because he's a Seahawks fan. :)

    ReplyDelete