Monday, August 15, 2011

My New Home, Marshall Alaska

     I know that many of you have been waiting for pictures, but I have been crazy busy and there is no internet where my house is, so I have to walk to the school (about a half mile) if I want to get online. I don't have my external hard drive with me (I shipped it from Anchorage) so my blog posts will be out of order. Anyway it is amazingly beautiful here in Marshall. The people are very friendly. The other teachers that are here are great. I am excited to be working with them. More about that later.

 The Yukon River from above
 The beautiful landscape
 New teacher housing being built
New teacher housing
My School!!
 Marshall School
 That's right there is a bathroom in my classroom
 The view from my classroom
 I know the view distracts you but, I do have eight computers in my class
All the students will have their own space to out their boots, coats, and backpacks
Corner shot of my classroom
My classroom!

     It is still hard to believe that it is happening. When I was setting things up I kept waiting for someone to tell me where it should go. I had to keep reminding myself that this is my classroom and I can put things where ever I want. Well here is a peak into what I am up to. I will post more when I can.


6 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you Josh! I wish I could come see your classroom, but it's awesome to see pictures. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The view is beautiful! Your classroom seems big, bright, nice and new. I'm impressed by the computers and your own bathroom, I bet you were STOKED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh- I love it! The views from the new housing is going to be sweet! And the view from your classroom is unreal. I am so happy you finally got to hang your cool quote picture in your very own classroom!!! Also, cool about the bathroom! Love the pictures- keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's freakin' awesome. The view is gorgeous! Congrats. You are a teacher. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barry and I are happy for you! And proud of you!
    Barry wants to know is it anything like you imagined? Keep the pictures and posts coming, Mr. Cunningham.

    ReplyDelete