Thursday, August 18, 2011

Teacher Training in Anchorage

     A few posts ago I mentioned that my blogs would be out of order because I shipped my personal laptop to Marshall from Anchorage since we were issued a school use laptop from the district and I was out of room in my luggage for two computers. Well it showed up today at the post office. What I was really waiting for was my external hard drive because it had all the pictures that I took while I was in Anchorage. Anyways here is a look at my week in Anchorage Alaska.

 The Hilton Hotel where I stayed for the teacher training
 These bears were in the lobby of the hotel. The one on the left is a Polar Bear, I'm not likely to see any of them. However there have been several Brown Bear sitings since I have been here, they are on the outskirts of the village. Eating the ripe berries and fishing.
 This is where we had dinner on Tuesday night
 It was very fancy
 I had prime rib and salmon it was great
 It is kind of hard to tell but Nicole is blowing a huge bubble
 That's my home
 A very cool exhibit they had at the museum (the sign says don't pet the Musk Ox)
 I like to put in pictures of bears, because they are my sister Andrea's favorite animal : )
 A section of the Alaskan Pipeline 
 A technological marvel of its time
 Another shot of the pipeline
 The new arrivals at Marshall this year.
Top left: Steve (counselor) Cody (7-12 math) Terry (principal) Joshua (5-6 teacher)
Bottom left: Susan (7-12 Science) Nicole (Kindergarten) Molly (1-2 teacher)
 A neat mural painted on the mall
The view out my window. All day I could hear the trains blowing their whistles. It made me think of Logan and Jack.

     The week went by so fast. We had so many meetings it was difficult to get out and explore the city. Anchorage is a beautiful city and I am excited to get a chance to do a little more sight seeing the next time I'm in town.

4 comments:

  1. Andrea is SO never going to visit you :) I love your blogs and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The museum is so fancy! And you looked so handsome. I bet you smelled good, too. I miss that! Keep the blogs coming. It helps me to see where you are & what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie is right. I don't think I ever will come and visit. :o/ Last night I talked to Taylor and I was concerned about the broken window and the Plexiglases is covered for temp. I was afraid what if bear can break that plexiglases LOL. I know you will be fine. :) miss you bro! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea: I am on the second floor so I'll be okay no bears are getting in here. I have two heaters in my bedroom so it will be nice and toasty.

    ReplyDelete