Wednesday, October 19, 2011

First Snowy Day in Marshall

    So it isn't like the title says. Today wasn't the first snow in Marshall, it has snowed a few times but today was the first time that the snow stuck to the ground. When I was walking home last night I was looking up at the clear sky in amazement. I am always shocked that I can see so many stars. I was even more amazed when this morning I saw nearly two inches of snow on the ground. It was fun to walk in and drag my feet. I know there are several more snow days to come, but coming from Washington, this is about as much snow as we get all year.

 Kindergarten and first graders having fun in the snow
The puppy wanted to get in on the action
 Across the river (out my window from my classroom)
Snow on the sandbar (also out my classroom window)
 
 Good contrasting colors in this picture
   
   

3 comments:

  1. The puppy on the playground is so cute- what a great picture! I can't believe it's October 19th & already it's snowing & the sun is rising so late & setting so early... I am so curious how we will adjust to such a different climate! (I miss you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they still had school. It seems a bit reckless :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your last picture is awesome. The one thing I noticed about looking that direction when I visited Marshall was that drastic contrast in colors. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete