Monday, October 10, 2011

Marshall School Hosts Mix Six

    Last weekend Marshall hosted a mini mix six volleyball tournament. Three schools were invited, but only two came the other was not able to come because their students were ineligible. Mix six means that there are three boys and three girls on each team. I guess they do this because there would not be enough students to fill an all girls/boy team. Marshall did pretty good they played three matches and they won two of them, so they are off to a good start this year.

 The team warming up
 Tap it over with one hand
 The new and improved jump set
 I know its hard to see but there is a coin on the ground, this was to decide who serves first
 Lined up and ready to go
Bump, set, spike it that's the way we like it. (One of the cheers I heard)
 You got served
 In the ready position (I got this shot from what we call the owners box)
 This is how St. Marys rolls or floats. They came to the tournament in boats. How cool is that?
 This student said she was the driver. (She was joking of course)
  
Packing up getting ready to go
Almost ready to go home.

     I was talking to one of the chaperones as I was driving him and his team to the beach and I asked him about how long it would take them to get back to St. Marys and he said about two hours, maybe less because they are going with the current. It looked fun going on a boat ride, but I am not sure that I would want to be in that kind of boat for two hours. It was pretty sunny out, but it was still cold in the upper 30s maybe and the wind was blowing pretty good. 
     The weekend was a success. The students had a good time and were for the most part well behaved. The next mini tournament is in Mountain Village. I think that I might be able to go, so that should be fun.

2 comments:

  1. Riding in a boat that long sounds like the opposite of a good time! They are seriously hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you learned a volleyball cheer!

    ReplyDelete